Why we have the guidelines
These guidelines align with and support our Social Media Strategy, which exist to:
- Protect users of our social media page (Facebook) and the Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority staff operating that page.
- Set clear expectations for online behaviour.
- Establish the actions we may take if these guidelines are breached.
We value the insights shared by members of our community. We maintain a social media presence to build an online community, share information about mine rehabilitation planning in Victoria, encourage you to contribute to conversations, and give you the opportunity to have a direct conversation with us.
We encourage all community members to engage with us.
Where possible and appropriate, we can respond to your queries and direct messages on our social media page, however, it is not monitored 24/7. We do our best to respond promptly during business hours.
We ask that all contributions are respectful of others.
We reserve the right to remove:
- Inappropriate or offensive comments.
- Threatening or defamatory statements.
- Hate speech of any nature directed at race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, ethnicity, or political beliefs.
- Spam posts.
- Content that you do not have the legal right to post (for example, material that infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of another person or material which is confidential).
- Personal website addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or any other personally identifiable information of someone other than yourself.
- Advertising or offers to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so.
- Any account that obscures your identity.
- Posts that are off topic and unrelated.
- Posts that are political in nature.
The Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority will:
- Participate in the comments and message streams where appropriate.
- Endeavour to respond to comments that ask questions in a timely manner.
- Delete posts and block users that breach these guidelines, at the moderator’s discretion.
These guidelines are published on our social media pages. It is the responsibility of contributors to familiarise themselves with these guidelines. If you engage with the Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority using social media, you will be considered to have accepted these guidelines.
If you have any specific questions or concerns about the Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority’s social media moderation, please contact us using this form, call 1800 571 966 or email email@example.com.
Third Party content
From time to time, the Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority may choose to link to, republish, or share third party content, or content that links to third party material. This does not necessarily constitute endorsement by the Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority.