The Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority took over the role and functions of the Latrobe Valley Mine Rehabilitation Commissioner who monitored mine rehabilitation in the Latrobe Valley from June 2017 to 30 June 2020. View the publications below for an overview of the work of the Commissioner’s office:
If you would like hard copies of any of our publications, please contact us.
Mine rehabilitation guidance documents:
- Southern Rural Water The Gippsland Groundwater Atlas
- International Council on Mining and Metals: Integrated Mine Closure Good Practice Guide
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO): Mine Closure Reclamation and Terminology
- Earth Resources Regulation, Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR): Regulatory Practice Strategy for the Rehabilitation of Earth Resources sites
- Canada Ministry of Energy and Resources: Post Closure Management of Decommissioned Mine/Mill Properties Located on Crown Land in Saskatchewan, Canada